The Long Journey

Discuss everything Elite Dangerous here
Miketheevil

The Long Journey

Postby Miketheevil » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Well, I am going to start my long journey to Vesuvit to join up with my fellow Bloodhounds from tonight. It may take me a few days to make the trip if I don't get ambushed or side tracked along the way. I will try and keep you updated on my progress.

Wish me luck! If anyone of you are out beyond our systems let me know and we can rendezvous sooner.

thanks!
CMDR UntilTheDayIDie
DeanoBosho

Re: The Long Journey

Postby DeanoBosho » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:31 pm

Amazing cmdr
Wish you well on your trip.
And yes we meet up soon.
kaivalagi

Postby kaivalagi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:34 pm

nice one....makes me want an xbox to join in the fun!
Miketheevil

Postby Miketheevil » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:37 pm

hi everyone,

I managed to travel a mere 75 LY last night before stopping at a station to refuel. I am now 275 LY from Vesuvit passing by Sol. I am hoping to make it there by Friday evening.
Miketheevil

Postby Miketheevil » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:32 am

Update: I managed to travel another 75 LY last night while chatting to Deano and Tom. I had a few hairy moments overheating my ship while in super cruise a few times. I will look to finish my journey in the next 2 days.
kaivalagi

Postby kaivalagi » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:55 pm

What ship are you flying? It's taking a long to get across the bubble....

In case you weren't aware a hauler with every D rated except A rated FSD will give you almost 30ly jump range, a great taxi.....I guess it depends on what ship you have right now as to whether it would actually be worth selling it to get a hauler to then buy something different once in Vesuvit or close by....
DeanoBosho

Postby DeanoBosho » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:41 pm

I be sorting him out with a slave drop to help him out with new ship and bits and bobs.
Miketheevil

Postby Miketheevil » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks guys, I am more than half way through my journey now. I had a bad run in with a star last night which ended up disabling my yaw ability! I managed to patch this up and I have stopped over at Smiths Palace for the night.
Miketheevil

Postby Miketheevil » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:56 am

After a long few weeks, I have finally made it to Vesuvit! I did have a slight hiccup (ran out of fuel) only 2 jumps from the system but luckily DeanoBosho was at hand to help me out!

Looking forward to upgrading and really getting to grips with the faction.

thanks all and see you in the system.
kaivalagi

Postby kaivalagi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:35 am

Wicked! Well, we're about to go into war AGAIN....so conflict zones will be needing some attention and soon after that we'll have another expansion, so plenty to do. We've also taken another big nose dive with Vesuvit and Shorodo influences through all of this so missions/trading/exploration data etc is much needed in those systems too, both now and definitely more so after war and expansion.

Keep an eye on the "Home Progress" thread, you can find it on the portal home page (just click the home link at the top), this should be updated fairly regular to clearly detail what the current goals for the home world are based on what is happening and where we're trying to go with it.

Welcome home commander o7

Return to “Elite Dangerous”